How do you flip a switch so that your sales call will be welcomed instead of being seen as an annoying interruption? Best-selling author and coach Ron Karr say it’s all about changing your story, asking the right questions, and creating an environment that will appeal to your client’s emotions. Join him and Meny in an episode filled with practical examples to learn more.
With his Velocity Mindset methodology, Ron Karr has worked with leaders on six continents to eliminate risk, gain buy-in, and achieve better results faster. His presentations and advisory services have generated over a billion dollars in incremental revenues for his clients. Ron is the author of five books, including Velocity Mindset and the bestselling Lead, Sell, or Get Out of the Way.
Listen and enjoy!
Listen to the podcast here:
Download the audio file here.
Asking the Right Questions and Changing Your Story with Ron Karr
[00:01 – 08:02] Opening Segment
• How to eliminate risk, gain buy-in, and achieve better results faster
• Ron offers excellent tips on how to build high-performance sales cultures
• Ron’s concept of people calling themselves victims of circumstances
- The way of leadership
[08:03 – 15:34] How to Make Purposeful Sales Calls and Get Better Results Faster
• People often become task-oriented instead of purpose-oriented
• What you should consider making a successful sales call
- Qualify the account, decide on the best path forward, and map out the steps
• What the goal of the call should be
[15:35 – 22:56] Uncovering the Neuroscience Behind Engagement
• Exploring cortisol levels and how to create an environment for participation
- Cortisone (fight or flight hormone), low cortisol (not engaged), and high cortisol (fearful).
• Before selling, create an environment for customers to want to participate
• Moving from static questions to the conversation and trust building
[22:57 – 30:02] Unlocking the Power of Empathy to Influence
• How asking questions can create trust and change reactions
- The importance of creating emotional connection first
• Ask questions to understand the customer’s environment
• Discipline needed to ask questions and clarify meanings
[30:03 – 37:14] The Power of Self-Reflection with Board Meetings
• The five steps to break the sales cycle
- Prospecting, first impression, qualifying, presenting, and closing
• Leaders can use the same techniques to understand what is essential to their employees
• Make sure conversations are purpose-driven and not task driven
[37:15 – 44:22] Transforming Sales with a New Conversation
• Make sure to ask questions to figure out what is going wrong
• A copier is nothing more than a communication vehicle
- From selling one copier to filling in gaps with multiple copiers
• Used tenacity to try something new and learn from failures
[ 44:23 – 49:33] Closing Segment
• Keynote and field visits helped bring back 8 million in revenue
• Ron on the rapid-fire questions
“Before you even start selling, you gotta create an environment for people to want to participate with you.” – Ron Karr
“Tenacity is what helps people move forward, but not tenacity, doing the same thing. It’s constantly tweaking to get to the purpose that you’re after.” – Ron Karr
Want to connect with Ron? Follow him on LinkedIn. Head to his website to create more value and opportunities while shortening your sales cycle!
LEAVE A REVIEW + and SHARE this episode with someone who wants to achieve in business. Listen to previous episodes on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts!
About Ron Karr
Ron Karr has worked with leaders of organizations on six continents to eliminate risk, gain buy-in and achieve better results faster with the Velocity Mindset®. For the past 30 years, Ron Karr’s presentations and advisory services have generated over a billion dollars in incremental
revenues for his clients.
Ron is the author of five books including his latest, Velocity Mindset®, and the bestseller, Lead, Sell or Get Out of the Way. He has been interviewed on Fox News, CBS Morning Show, Bloomberg tv, BBC and hundreds of radio stations. His articles have appeared in over 250 national publications.
Ron is also the facilitator of the prestigious CRO (Chief Revenue Officer Mastermind Group) made up of CEO’s and VP’s of high growth companies looking to build high performance sales cultures.
This season of the podcast is sponsored by: