Are you a leader that sacrifices health for the sake of growth?
Are you a leader that sacrifices health for the sake of growth? In this episode, our guest is Zach Estes, a Manufacturing Engineer by trade; who has experience in manufacturing operations, hospital operations, and media operations, and now leading Path for Growth as Chief Operating Officer alongside Alex Judd. He’s passionate about healthy growth and applying operational principles in life and business.
In our conversation, Zach digs into some lessons he learned from his time as a manufacturing engineer that has helped him to be an effective operator in today’s business landscape. He stresses the importance of visibility in business and how manufacturing principles can be applied to any type of business. Zach breaks down the principles that he uses to run an efficient, effective, and enjoyable business and what has led him to achieve healthy growth. Listen and enjoy!
Listen and enjoy!
Listen to the podcast here:
Download the audio file here.
Becoming an Impact-Driven Business Leader with Zack Estes
[00:01 – 06:58] Opening Segment
• Zach shares his journey as a manufacturing engineer
- How he ended up being the COO of Path for Growth
- Helping leaders grow their businesses without losing themselves in the process
• Make work visible for better communication and understanding between team members and customers
[06:59 – 19:58] Path of Healthy Growth for Businesses
• Zach discloses the four steps to Path for Growth
- Standardization, documentation, evaluation, and improvement
• How Path for Growth help businesses achieve success
• Why individual growth is a key element
- Not sacrificing one’s personal life to achieve success in one’s business.
• There must be intentionality and energy put into pursuing healthy growth to maintain a flourishing business
[19:59 – 32:11] The Importance of Downtime
• The key to a successful company is having a clear mission, focus, and passion
- Leaders need to communicate these values to their team for them to be attentive and motivated
• Why downtime is expensive, and leaders need to be aware of this to manage it effectively
- Planned downtime vs unplanned downtime
• Taking care of yourself physically, mentally, and spiritually is important for long-term success
[32:12 – 35:52] Closing Segment
• Learn more about Zach with the Rapid Fire Questions!
• Q&A: Should you share your financials with your team?
“If you know how you create and deliver value for your customer, then you’ll know how you don’t do that to you.” – Zack Estes
“If you know where you’re going, or if you know what your responsibilities are, then it’s a lot easier to determine what it is you should be spending your time on.” – Zack Estes
Connect with Zach
About Zack Estes
Zach Estes is a Manufacturing Engineer by trade; who has experience in manufacturing operations, hospital operations, and media operations, and now leading Path for Growth as Chief Operating Officer alongside Alex Judd. He’s passionate about healthy growth and applying operational principles in life and business.