Technology has put us in with more people than ever before, but somehow we’re also more isolated and alone. NLP Practitioner, Hypnotist, and Coach Keith Haddrill – who has been performing on stages since he was four years old and has spent a lifetime studying human behavior and interactions – has some fascinating suggestions for how to break down barriers, improve our communication skills, and learn to connect with people on a deep and meaningful level. Join Meny and Keith as they talk about our models of the world, the impact of non-verbal communication, the problem of self-limiting beliefs and how to overcome them, and much more.
Keith Haddrill has been an avid student of human behavior and human thought processes his entire life. He is a Certified Master Practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), a Certified Coach, a Certified Master Hypnotist, and a member of Mensa. He has entertained and enlightened thousands of audiences worldwide using world-class ventriloquism, magic, hypnosis, and humor to transform teams for the better in fun and disarming ways.
Listen and enjoy!
Listen to the podcast here:
Download the audio file here.
Heard, Understood, & Appreciated: Discovering Effective Communication Skills with Keith Haddrill
[00:01 – 07:26] Opening Segment
• Keith shares his background and story
- Using Worldclass Oneism, Magic, Hypnosis, and Humor to transform teams for the better
• Communication is vital to many things around us.
• How to unlock the power of connection in the workplace
[07:27 – 15:05] The Human Dynamics of Business
• Business is about humans interacting with humans
• People realized they were tired of trading their life for dollars
- They want a sense of belonging, fulfillment, and job satisfaction
• How technology is outpacing sociology and leading to increased cases of depression and anxiety
[15:06 – 22:35] A Paradigm Shift in Leadership During the Pandemic
• People are hungry to be back together but need to learn how to work within workplace conflicts
- Leaders need to communicate the benefits of being back in the office
• How social media has made it difficult to connect with others in person
• Each person has a map of reality based on their belief structure and formative experiences
[22:36 – 30:12] Understanding Models of the World to Connect with People
• Switched the paradigm from “What do I need this person to do for me?” to “How can I serve them?”
• Finding commonality is critical to connecting with people and building relationships
• How our models of the world can cause damage to communities
• Confirmation bias leads us to accept evidence that supports our beliefs
[30:13 – 37:53] A Guide to Feeling Heard, Understood, and Appreciated
• People will do anything to feel heard, understood, and appreciated
• Sometimes, people use excuses to validate why they are not successful
• How one can decide to take charge of their life -The twin brothers’ story
• We tend to find excuses for our failures and not take charge of our own life
[37:54 – 45:17] Closing Segment
• How you can overcome limiting-beliefs
• Keith on the rapid four questions
“The better you can connect with other humans, the better you can do in your career and business.” – Keith Haddrill
“We teach other people how to treat us; we project our model of the world into the world.” – Keith Haddrill
Want to connect with Keith? Head to Keith Haddrill and enrich corporate culture through captivating presentations!
LEAVE A REVIEW + and SHARE this episode with someone who wants to achieve in business. Listen to previous episodes on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts!
About Keith Haddrill
Keith Haddrill has been an avid student of human behavior and human thought processes his entire life. He is a Certified Master Practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), a Certified Coach, a Certified Master Hypnotist, and a member of Mensa. He also holds multiple specialty certifications in the fields of hypnosis and NLP. He has entertained and enlightened thousands of audiences around the world using world-class ventriloquism, magic, hypnosis, and humor to transform teams for the better in fun and disarming ways.
This season of the podcast is sponsored by: