We often differentiate between business growth and personal growth and emphasize one at the expense of the other. But what if they’re intimately linked?
Join Meny Hoffman and his guest, former president of Cambridge Air Solutions and founder of EncouragingLeaders.com Marc Braun, for a deep dive into the ways that your personal habits affect your business’s health. Along the way they discuss how your physical and mental health impact your ability to lead, ways to awaken your employees’ latent genius, why courage is crucial, the essentials of effective communication, being humble enough to ask for help, the ways to use social media effectively, and more.
Marc Braun is a coach who teaches business leaders how to build cultures of growth in their companies. He served as president of Cambridge Air Solutions—a renowned engineering and manufacturing company revolutionizing HVAC technologies – and quadrupled revenue and increased profitability tenfold during his 13 years at the company.
Listen and enjoy!
Listen to the podcast here:
Download the audio file here.
Leading with Courage & Awakening Your Latent Genius with Marc Braun
[00:01 – 08:32] Opening Segment
• Leadership growth is the key to business growth
- How leaders can foster courage and drive business growth
• Leaders have the responsibility of growing their company and themselves
[08:33 – 15:57] Unlocking Creative Genius
• Separating business growth from personal growth is important for navigating challenges
• To address a problem, it is important to look at the behavior of the leader
• How creative genius in humans decreases with age due to fear of failure or criticism
• Leaders need the courage to take risks and be creative to achieve business growth
[15:58 – 22:59] Finding the Balance Between Emotion and Logic
• Why courage is defined as action in the face of fear
• Leaders must breathe courage into their teams to help them learn and grow
- Self-review of habits and systems is important for leaders
• Leaders should be humble enough to ask for help when needed
[23:00 – 30:22] How Leaders Can Navigate Social Media & Improve Communication Skills
• Leaders need to understand their blind spots and be aware of their emotional intelligence
• Communication is difficult and can go awry if emotions are not taken into consideration
- Why digital communication should not be used for negative emotions or information
[30:23 – 37:37] How to Become a Positive Force for Good by Encouraging Leaders
• Social media can be used as a platform for leaders to have a voice, but it should not be abused
• Every leader has a public responsibility and must decide where their voice is heard
• Leaders struggle with articulating their vision and getting their team aligned with it
[37:38 – 41:38] Closing Segment
• A platform that helps organizations build coaching into every leader at every level
• Marc on the rapid four questions
“Our job as leaders is to encourage to breathe courage into other human beings.” – Marc Braun
“You do not have to have a certain level of money to find a coach. You have to actually be humble enough to say that you need help.” – Marc Braun
About Marc Braun
Marc Braun is a coach who teaches business leaders how to build cultures of growth in their companies. He served as president of Cambridge Air Solutions—a renowned engineering and manufacturing company revolutionizing HVAC technologies – and quadrupled revenue and increased profitability tenfold during his 13 years at the company. More recently, he founded EncouragingLeaders.com, which supports and
empowers visionary CEOs in crafting their own growth stories
This season of the podcast is sponsored by: