Sometimes, we like to imagine that business success can be separated from success in other areas of life. But as Meny Hoffman, host of the Let’s Talk Business Podcast, often says, life is like a car with four wheels: the wheels of spiritual goals, financial goals, health goals, and family goals; if one wheel is flat, the others won’t do much good.
In this conversation with international speaker, bestselling author, business coach, and CEO of Self-Mastery Academy Rabbi Shmuel Reichman, Meny and Shmuel discuss the importance of personal development as a part of business success, the need to create an integrated life, the necessity of having a vision and the ways to divide that vision into bite-size goals, avoiding irrational fears of failure, having partners to whom you can be accountable, and much more.
Listen and enjoy!
Listen to the podcast here:
Download the audio file here.
Mastering the Art of Blending Worlds with Rabbi Shmuel Reichman
[00:01 – 07:45] Opening Segment
• Introducing Rabbi Shmuel Reichman
- An international speaker, bestselling author, business coach, and CEO of Self Mastery Academy
• Personal development is vital to personal success, family success, and business success
• Shmuel’s expertise on topics of business, psychology, Jewish thought, and leadership
[07:46 – 22:30] How Self-Development Can Help You Achieve Financial Success
• We need to live a blended life, focusing on spiritual goals, financial goals, health goals, and family goals
• Personal development is not just about growth but also about balance and long-term success
- The recipe for success is to understand who you are and tap into your greatness
• Success in personal life does not need outside approval
[22:31 – 36:18] A Guide to Self-Development and Personal Growth
• Why you need to get a clear sense of your identity and purpose in life
- People who are stuck need coaching or consulting from someone outside themselves to push them
• The importance of building habits and getting accountability from friends or family
• The only way to start is to build a mindset and overcome limiting beliefs
[36:19 – 49:35] Mastering Self-Awareness and Building a Shared Vision
• Success takes years of hard work and dedication – focus on micro wins and momentum
• Self-awareness, confidence, and patience are hard to quantify
• Surround yourself with the right types of people and ideas that will help you grow
• Mixing family and business is possible if done right
[49:36 – 58:35] Closing Segment
• Businesses sometimes fall apart due to different values or visions
• The importance of communication, shared values, and understanding each other’s concerns
• Schnuel on the rapid-fire questions
“If you really want to do something with your life, you have to figure out how to support it yourself.” – Shmuel Reichman
“The only way that you’re going to get different results in life is if you evolve. If you do what you’ve always done, you’re going to get what you’ve always gotten.” – Shmuel Reichman
“Your job in life is to figure out what’s incredible within you.” – Shmuel Reichman
“The best possible life is where everything is harmoniously building towards a shared vision direction.” – Shmuel Reichman
About Rabbi Shmuel Reichman
Rabbi Shmuel Reichman is an international speaker, bestselling author, business coach, and the CEO of Self-Mastery Academy. He has lectured internationally on topics of business, psychology, Jewish thought, and leadership. His videos, articles, and inspiring content have reached millions of people worldwide and his online courses have revolutionized the way self-development is being taught. He is the author of the bestselling book, The Journey to Your Ultimate Self, and his online Masterclass, Self-Mastery Academy, is a transformative online self-development course based on the principles of high-performance psychology and leadership.
This season of the podcast is sponsored by: