Is the fear of disappointing your clients, losing your employees, and undermining your business hurting your ability to communicate honestly and effectively?
Many people pride themselves on communicating effectively. But they might not realize how often fear is undermining their communication, thereby harming their ability to motivate employees, deal effectively with clients, and learn from the competition. In this fascinating episode of Let’s Talk Business, Meny has a candid conversation with Shlomo Friedman, Visionary of Imperial in Lakewood, New Jersey, about how you can encourage rather than discourage, be honest rather than devious, and communicate in ways that help people reach their potential – while simultaneously making your business more successful, and your life more meaningful.
Shlomo Friedman is a Partner, Executive Director, and Visionary of Imperial, a leading real estate brokerage headquartered in Lakewood, New Jersey. He is renowned for his emphasis on company culture & mindset work, helping Imperial agents sell more and dream bigger through the power of training, support, & teamwork. Shlomo is also a much sought-after speaker on the topic of sales, and company culture, presenting at popular events and seminars, where he empowers high achievers to set and achieve impressive goals.
Listen and enjoy!
Listen to the podcast here:
Download the audio file here.
Overcoming Fear and Maximizing Potential with Shlomo Friedman
[00:01 – 15:48] Opening Segment
• Shlomo shares how to succeed despite fear
- The importance of company culture and mindset work
• How fear can hurt your ability to communicate honestly and effectively with your employees, clients, and competitors
• Shlomo’s outlook on titles and responsibilities in corporate America
[15:49 – 32:49] How to Achieve Your Potential: Mindset, Activities & Results
• Understanding what your responsibility is and personally growing yourself are key to succeed in your business
• Why the leader’s responsibility is to help people realize their unrealized potential
• There is no way to make any change without understanding the cause of the lack of progress
- To grow, one needs to have a growth mindset and believe one can achieve anything
• When the growth mindset is established, the focus shifts to practical actions that will enable growth
- How to focus on the positive aspects of negative situations, and use spin to turn negative events into positives
[32:50 – 48:44] Give the Work-Life Balance You Deserve
• When we don’t have a growth mindset, we are driven by fears
• The benefits of having a growth mindset when communicating with your clients, employees, and competitors
- Always let them know what you can do and how you’ll try to do it better
• How to have a work-life balance that supports your personal goals
- A person’s real life is more than business, and their goal and where they want to get to is much bigger than the business
• Why your business goals should support your personal goals
[48:45 – 1:02:17] Closing Segment
• Shlomo on the rapid-fire questions
• Q&A: How to know which event to attend?
“If we can think of the other more than of ourselves, that’s how we grow.” – Shlomo Friedman
“I feel much more comfortable with not a title but with an understanding of what it is that my obligation in the organization is.” – Shlomo Friedman
Connect with Shlomo Friedman
Follow him on LinkedIn.
About Shlomo Friedman
Shlomo Friedman is a Partner & Executive Director of Imperial, a leading real estate brokerage headquartered in Lakewood, New Jersey. He is renowned for his emphasis on company culture & mindset work, helping Imperial agents sell more and dream bigger through the power of training, support, & teamwork. Shlomo is also a much sought-after speaker on sales and company culture, presenting at popular events and seminars, where he empowers high achievers to set and achieve impressive goals.