Are you afraid of failure, and is that stopping you from reaching for your dreams? If so, you’re part of a very big club – and Pincus Schiff, co-founder, and CMO of Friday and a well-regarded expert in sales understands where you’re coming from. In the process of moving from the classroom to sales and then into building a startup, Pincus has shown that we can overcome our fears, turn our weaknesses into strengths, and transform our failures into successes. Join Meny Hoffman for a fun and fascinating conversation that may change the way you think about your own limits and aspirations.
Pinchus Schiff is the co-founder and CMO of Friday, a team management platform designed to simplify life for small businesses. He has a strong background in sales and worked with hundreds of small businesses across a wide range of industries. Crucially, Pincus openly shares the struggles as well as the successes that often come along with sales and with running a startup.
Listen and enjoy!
Listen to the podcast here:
Download the audio file here.
Pincus Schiff & Using Failure to Achieve Success
[00:01 – 14:22] Opening Segment
• Pincus shares his journey of taking the leap and finding success
- How he ended up being the co-founder and CMO of Friday
• Overcoming fear and building authentic relationships
- Why fear can be both a friend and an enemy
• Take small points from different sales advice to create your own strategy
[14:23 – 27:46] Overcoming Disappointment in Sales
• How to set realistic goals and adjust accordingly
- Subconsciously work towards the goal by visualizing it
• Be prepared for discouragement when goals are not achieved
- Expect rejection and learn from it
• People don’t reject you personally, they reject the call or service
[27:47 – 41:43] How One Salesperson Took the Leap to Build a Successful Business
• The difference between introverts and extroverts in sales
• Taking preventative measures to avoid getting “drunk” on success
• Understand not every idea is a business and economics must be taken into consideration
- The pros and cons of taking a partner or investor
• Why taking a partner out of fear is a recipe for disaster
[41:44 – 55:42] Closing Segment
• Know what you want and how important it is to live the life you want before taking the leap
• Pincus on the rapid four questions
• Q&A: How should I decide if it’s worthwhile to outsource certain office tasks?
“Once you realize to every single objection there’s always an answer. You can even ask a question before they object to you so they can’t.” – Pincus Schiff
“Don’t look at what other people will think of you because it’s impossible to please everyone. If that’s your goal you’re failing from the second you wanna start.” – Pincus Schiff
About Pincus Schiff
Pinchus Schiff is the co-founder and CMO of Friday, a team management platform designed to simplify life for small businesses. He has a strong background in sales and worked with hundreds of small businesses across a wide range of industries. Crucially, Pincus openly shares the struggles as well as the successes that often come along with sales and with running a startup. His current role at Friday is comprised of many responsibilities, including being head of sales and marketing, a skill that Pinchus has absolutely mastered.
This season of the podcast is sponsored by: