Are you afraid of failure, and is that stopping you from reaching for your dreams? If so, you’re part of a very big club – and Pincus Schiff, co-founder, and CMO of Friday and a well-regarded expert in sales understands where you’re coming from. In the process of moving from the classroom to sales and then into building a startup, Pincus has shown that we can overcome our fears, turn our weaknesses into strengths, and transform our failures into successes. Join Meny Hoffman for a fun and fascinating conversation that may change the way you think about your own limits and aspirations.
Pinchus Schiff is the co-founder and CMO of Friday, a team management platform designed to simplify life for small businesses. He has a strong background in sales and worked with hundreds of small businesses across a wide range of industries. Crucially, Pincus openly shares the struggles as well as the successes that often come along with sales and with running a startup.
Listen and enjoy!
Listen to the podcast here:
Download the audio file here.
Pincus Schiff & Using Failure to Achieve Success
[00:01 – 14:22] Opening Segment
• Pincus shares his journey of taking the leap and finding success
- How he ended up being the co-founder and CMO of Friday
• Overcoming fear and building authentic relationships
- Why fear can be both a friend and an enemy
• Take small points from different sales advice to create your own strategy
[14:23 – 27:46] Overcoming Disappointment in Sales
• How to set realistic goals and adjust accordingly
- Subconsciously work towards the goal by visualizing it
• Be prepared for discouragement when goals are not achieved
- Expect rejection and learn from it
• People don’t reject you personally, they reject the call or service
[27:47 – 41:43] How One Salesperson Took the Leap to Build a Successful Business
• The difference between introverts and extroverts in sales
• Taking preventative measures to avoid getting “drunk” on success
• Understand not every idea is a business and economics must be taken into consideration
- The pros and cons of taking a partner or investor
• Why taking a partner out of fear is a recipe for disaster
[41:44 – 55:42] Closing Segment
• Know what you want and how important it is to live the life you want before taking the leap
• Pincus on the rapid four questions
• Q&A: How should I decide if it’s worthwhile to outsource certain office tasks?
“Once you realize to every single objection there’s always an answer. You can even ask a question before they object to you so they can’t.” – Pincus Schiff
“Don’t look at what other people will think of you because it’s impossible to please everyone. If that’s your goal you’re failing from the second you wanna start.” – Pincus Schiff
Want to connect with Pincus? Follow him on LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter!
LEAVE A REVIEW + and SHARE this episode with someone who wants to achieve in business. Listen to previous episodes on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts!
About Pincus Schiff
Pinchus Schiff is the co-founder and CMO of Friday, a team management platform designed to simplify life for small businesses. He has a strong background in sales and worked with hundreds of small businesses across a wide range of industries. Crucially, Pincus openly shares the struggles as well as the successes that often come along with sales and with running a startup. His current role at Friday is comprised of many responsibilities, including being head of sales and marketing, a skill that Pinchus has absolutely mastered.
This season of the podcast is sponsored by: