Charlie Meaden is a unique individual; whether it’s jewelry making, gaming, or investing, he’s found a way to do it more efficiently – and more profitably – than almost anyone. His dedication to productivity goes even further, as it also guides his investment strategy and his understanding of the underlying currents that affect the economy.
In this episode of Let’s Talk Business, Meny and Charlie discuss his adventures in business, his recent work as the co-founder and CEO of Gembot.ai, his opinions on the future of cryptocurrency, the importance of launching a new product quickly, the difference between busy-ness and effectiveness, and much more.
Listen and enjoy!
Listen to the podcast here:
Download the audio file here.
The Gift of Exceptional Productivity with Charlie Meaden
[00:01 – 07:36] Opening Segment
• How Charlie has found ways to be more efficient and profitable in different niches
• The importance of productivity early on in Charlie’s career
• How Charlie was able to use his hourly wage jobs to learn about business and entrepreneurship
[07:37 – 14:27] Maximizing Your Productivity and Effectiveness
• Understand where the time is going and where the money is coming from
- Take a step back to focus on what’s important.
- Do something that you’re passionate about.
• Create certainty where possible to avoid decision fatigue
[14:28 – 22:14] How One Entrepreneur Found Success in Technology
• Leaders should look at the team’s productivity to identify waste and ensure they are focusing on the right things
• The importance of treating employees like owners and empowering them to get upside
• Obsession with technology and gaming led to goldsmithing for money
- How Charlie built a gaming startup in 30
[22:15 – 30:10] From Gaming to Investing
• How one entrepreneur is democratizing access to better investment tools for independent investors
• Charlie discusses how he developed a systematic strategy for public equities
- A platform allows people to become more systematic in their investing and research/execute desired strategies
[30:11 – 37:30] Navigating the Fintech Space
• Launching a product in the FinTech space is not easy and requires a lot of trust
- The biggest mistake founders make is launching too slowly or not quickly enough
• When dealing with regulated products, it’s essential to get it right as it affects the company’s net worth
• For investments, one should be aware of the shift in the economy and liquidity in the market
[37:31 – 48:37] Closing Segment
• Charlie dives into the mimetic behavior in markets
• Expectations and reality when expectations diverge too much
• Charlie on the rapid-fire questions
“As a leader, the first thing you got to always ask yourself is, do I need to do something better to get the outcome and the productivity that I desire?” – Charlie Meaden
“Treat everyone like an owner in the business, and then provide everything and continuously ask them, are we doing enough? And then, if that’s not working, then that individual might not be right for the company culture.” – Charlie Meaden
About Charlie Meaden
Charlie Meaden is the co-founder and CEO of Gembot.ai, a new pathway for individuals to navigate to more advanced investment strategies over time by continually improving their financial literacy through a collaborative community. A productivity expert and entrepreneur, Charlie has worked in industries as varied as jewelry making, e-gaming, and manufacturing.
This season of the podcast is sponsored by: