If you had 75 potential customers hanging on to every word and you had two hours to talk to them, how would you spend that time? In this episode, our guest is Steve Werner, a well-regarded expert in creating successful live events and webinars. Along with teaching the secrets to webinars that encourage your clients to do business with you, Steve offers pointers about when to tweak your business plan rather than overhauling it, the fallacy of searching for the shiny object, the benefits of putting in your 10,000 hours, and much more.
Listen and enjoy!
Listen to the podcast here:
Download the audio file here.
The Secrets of Webinar Success with Steve Werner
[00:01 – 07:43] Opening Segment
• Steve shares important lessons that led to his success today
- Anything worth doing is hard and requires effort
- How to market and sell to customers effectively
• Steve’s strong passion for helping others grow and succeed
[07:44 – 27:00] How to Succeed When Your Dreams Don’t Match Your Reality
• You have to ask yourself where you want to be in the future and figure out what steps will get you there
- When things don’t go as planned, it’s important to remember that it’s not the end of the world
• Having a plan and taking small, consistent actions are essential to achieve success
• Three things you can do to make a big difference
- Reading every day, having great friends, learning from failures
• Entrepreneurs need to be willing to take the risk to succeed, and being reckless is not a good way to go about things
[27:01 – 44:02] Making Your Webinars More Successful
• When spending money on ads, you should know what you’re looking for the ads to do
- How you’re going to recoup your money, and what your sales process is
• The importance of having a plan for what to do if something goes wrong
• Why you should focus on telling stories about your personal life to connect with your audience
- Engagement is more important than teaching
• How to overcome a lack of action in your business
[44:03 – 54:37] Closing Segment
• Things might go wrong but that doesn’t mean you should radically change your business plan
• Steve on the rapid-fire questions
• Q&A: When is the timing right to add more services to your business?
“Everybody’s got a plan until they get punched in the face.” – Steve Werner
“Instead of talking at somebody, engage with them and bring them into what you’re doing and use stories.” – Steve Werner
“The more imperfect you are the more you’ll relate to people.” – Steve Werner
About Steve Werner
In the last eight years, Steve Werner has gone from failing at holding live events – to the point that one hotel told him they would never do business with him again – to holding over 41 successful live events for himself and 23 for his clients. He has spoken on hundreds of stages, and critiqued and helped the sales presentations of hundreds more. During covid, he pivoted to helping online entrepreneurs launch webinars, which have produced more than 6.9 million dollars in sales over the past 18 months.
This season of the podcast is sponsored by: