Have you ever taken the time to do a deep and real examination of the true causes of burnout and how to heal them within yourself?
What is a definition of a good salesperson? In this week’s episode, our guest is Fred Diamond. He is the host and producer of the Sales Game Changers Podcast and is the co-founder of the Institute for Excellence in Sales (IES). He is also an advocate for Lyme disease treatment and is a frequent article contributor to LymeDisease.org. His books, “Love, Hope, Lyme” and “Insights for Sales Game Changers” will hit bookshelves on in July.
In this conversation, we are reminded of the virtues a salesperson must have in order to become successful – a deep understanding of the customers’ needs, the company’s offers, and perceiving sales as a profession than simply a task to accomplish the quota. Fred Diamond also touches on the idea that it takes time for a salesperson to build trust with their customers. Listen closely as we discuss diversity in sales, how to create a successful sales process, and what makes a good salesperson in today’s world.
Listen and enjoy!
Listen to the podcast here:
Download the audio file here.
3 Keys to Successful Sales with a Proactive Approach
[00:01 – 09:08] Opening Segment
- Fred on cultivating his passion for sales
- Working in high-tech marketing
- Realizing the importance of salespeople
- The urgent need for support in sales success
- Check out Sales Game Changers
[09:09 – 21:55] What it Takes to Be a Great Salesperson
- Defining a good salesperson
- Believe in the company and understand–
- Customer needs
- The product
- Sales as a profession
- How the little things matter
- Realize that your offers may not be the right solution
- Display proactiveness and show up as a partner for the clients
- Building trust requires more than a couple of phone calls
[21:56 – 40:42] Tips for Better Performance from Sales People
- Fred’s advice on establishing relationships with clients
- People need solutions from people they trust
- There is no need to play ballgames, just honest answers
- Put yourself in the head of the customer
- How introverts can outsell you
- They think about the needs of the customers
- They know that they need to engage with people
[40:43 – 46:10] Closing Segment
- The effects of world events on people’s lives
- Learn more about Fred with the Rapid Fire Questions!
“The salespeople were the key. I had to support these people, I had to do things to make them successful by getting the right messaging in the marketplace, bringing the right products to market, and helping them target the marketing programs and their customers to accelerate the sales process.” – Fred Diamond
“A great sales call is one where the customer does 90% of the talking.” – Fred Diamond
Connect with Fred
Follow him on LinkedIn and check out his podcast, Sales Game Changers for more tips on successful sales strategies.
Don’t miss his recommendations – The Introvert’s Edge by Matthew Pollard, The Big Leap by Gay Hendricks, and Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl.
LEAVE A REVIEW + and SHARE this episode with someone who wants to achieve in business. Listen to previous episodes on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts!
About Fred Diamond
Fred Diamond is the host and producer of the Sales Game Changers Podcast and is the co-founder of the Institute for Excellence in Sales (IES). He is also an advocate for Lyme disease treatment and is a frequent article contributor to LymeDisease.org. His books, “Love, Hope, Lyme” and “Insights for Sales Game Changers” will hit bookshelves on in July.